Pamela S Fpb

Customer service help

Accessibility of Customer Support

It's concerning to hear that the customer support at Regain.us, which is powered by BetterHelp, is not easily accessible. As a healthcare service, it's important that clients can easily reach out and get the help they need.

Separate Service Challenges

The frustration that contacting BetterHelp directly did not resolve the issues you were facing with Regain.us.

When services are separated like this, it can create additional barriers for customers trying to get their concerns addressed.

Unrealistic Promises

It's disappointing to hear that the weekly therapy sessions you were promised through Regain.us/BetterHelp are not realistic due to your therapist's availability. Clients should be able to rely on the service they are paying for to deliver on the commitments made.

Perseverance Despite Challenges

I am still continuing with the therapy service despite the difficulties encountered. Maintaining commitment to mental health and wellbeing in the face of these obstacles is still priority, but I hope it wont be an additional burdened and stress anymore, we are already going through a lot.

Suggestions for Improvement

-To enhance the customer experience with Regain.us and BetterHelp, I would recommend the following:

1. Improve the accessibility and responsiveness of the customer support channels

Ensure better coordination and communication between the Regain.us and BetterHelp teams to address client concerns

Manage client expectations more realistically regarding session availability and frequency

4. Continuously solicit feedback from clients to identify and address pain points in the service

User's recommendation: No comment for now

Janet L Gfa

Tax forms

I was sent the tax form, I went to the library to print. It was not as requested but it was resolved. Better Help is an online program for therapy. Clients can pick their times and therapists that work together to provide positive outcomes. The therapists can receive help through an email system where Better Help responds as soon as possible.

Preferred solution: Received tax form thru email

User's recommendation: System is available to clients to meet their needs.

map-marker Tampa, Florida

Awful

Keeps charging me after I Cancelled. Cannot videochat with therapist. Did not close previous account. Cannot speak to any humans. A scam.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Carina Ohm

Incompetent Employer

Absolutely would not recommend BetterHelp for therapeutic purposes. This company does not care about the individuals that reach out for help. Its sad. It takes courage to reach out in times of struggle. And unfortunately, many will not reach out again, due to experiences they encountered with BetterHelp. My hope is that this company remembers what they were established to do to help. Unfortunately, they lost their direction and it is about money.
Cons:
  • Lack of communication within the company and absent leadership

User's recommendation: Reach out to a reputable agency that understands the importance of mental health.

Aquilia R

| map-marker Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh

SCAMMING ALERT!!!

BetterHelp - SCAMMING ALERT!!!
I have NEVER received a service from BETTER HELP! Then you all have the audacity to try and steal over 300.00 dollars from my Google PAY ACCOUNT??? THIS will surely be reported to the appropriate authorities! I don't know what type of games your company is playing but it is most definitely going to an end. Better help my ***
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO Not Contact this company! You will receive an email and they will attempt to Steal from your GPay Wallet!!!

map-marker Dallas, Texas

Charged $260 on Thanksgiving.

I have never used this app, nor do I have an account. Thanksgiving day my card kept getting declined for a purchase at a grocery store. I check my account shortly after using another card and I was charged $260. I have great insurance and the copay is only $15. No idea where this charge came from.
map-marker Rock Hill, South Carolina

Get a refund

I was looking into getting counseling and decided not to do it after all and tried to cancel it without using any services and it wouldn't let me do so but charged me.
Resolved
Yolanda H Tyb

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: The membership pricing was not clear

Updated by user Aug 27, 2023

Company resolved the issue.

Original review Jul 28, 2023
It was not clear that 260 would be taken out and I think answering I. The form of email is unprofessional and the person I talked to on the phone was incompetent
Loss:
Pros:
  • I like the therapist but the membership plan should be more clear
Cons:
  • Membership cost is too high

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Be careful of pricing

Peninah N Ooa

Looking for someone to help my 13 year old son

A month ago, we moved from Canada to USA. This was due to my husband's job.

I chose to move here because it was going to be so costly on us to maintain 2 homes. My 13 year old son was going to his final elementary year and he was the student lead council of that school. He was an A+ student.

We enrolled him here to a catholic Middle school in 8th grade. This is the second week but its seems he hasn't adjusted yet.

Everyday he is begging me to take him back to Canada, he is telling me that he is completely lost and confused, he doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to eat.

He is saying that here it's like a prison.

I, personally I am confused, I do not know what to do. If I decide to take him back it means money like starting all over again.

The private school we put him is a very good school which I think he will learn more. He was not used to daily homework and it looks like it's overwhelming him.

Please I need help for my son as soon as possible.

He is saying that staying here he rather die which scares me the most. Every morning when he wakes up he is crying begging me to take him back to Canada.

Penny

908-937-****

Preferred solution: Help for my son

map-marker Kings Mountain, North Carolina

Get a refund

I did not receive a refund.. I was trying to speak to someone on the phone but never have that happen.
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

BetterHelp kept on charging even after cancelling subscription

They take advantage of unsuspecting clients. My daughter started using BetterHelp immediately after she turned 18. I was not a part of it since she is an adult but helped her with my credit card. She was unsatisfied with the assigned therapist and cancelled her subscription. BetterHelp kept on charging me for more four months even after that before we realized it. They did not charge for one month and then restarted charging even after canceling. Now, we are trying to get some refunds. This is really shameful.

User's recommendation: Please check your credit card regularly for a couple of months even after canceling subscription.

Kelly L Kcs

Verified Reviewer

I feel like I got ripped off!

I went to BetterHelp for some counseling. I never spoke personally to my therapist, only through emails to set up an initial session. I decided to go else where and emailed the company to let them know. They ended up taking $260.00 out of my bank account!!! I have never been charged for services not received. I am so upset.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please read the fine print, you may get charged for services that you did not receive!!!!!!!

map-marker Glendale, Arizona

They do not respond to any of my emails

I canceled my membership because I cant afford the service and was still billed for another month at a higher rate than I was paying initially.

User's recommendation: Too much effort to get out of the membership

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Uzair Kly

Verified Reviewer

Charged without consent or any services received/delivered

I was charged AUD$600 twice, without consent; without accepting a counsellor (they sent just one proposal, and the proposal was never accepted) and without any sessions scheduled. The whole thing is misleading, deceitful. Be careful!

map-marker Brampton, Ontario

I wanna talk about my subscription

i am communicating about an issue over and over again, system does not come off synced. The user face needs work. regards
Taylor K Lmw

Charged my account

Why was my account changed? I didn't see a therapist thru this website at all so I don't understand why I don't understand why my account was charged.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article